Monday, June 2, 2008

Pool Days


Well, the pool has been open since Memorial Day, however, it took a little time for the weather to cooperate. Memorial Day didn't reach 60 and Tuesday wasn't much better. However, the kids knew the pool was open and were dying to go. So after listening to them whine and complain all day Monday, I let them go on Tuesday. So there I was, sweats on and shivering, watching my kids swim. I should have brought the camera that day, but then my hands would have had to be out of the pockets and it was too cold for that! They only lasted about 10 minutes and then it was home for a hot bath. Slowly the weather has warmed up and by Friday it was nice enough to swim for more than 5 minutes at a time. By yesterday it was even warm enough for me to swim. (I won't get in unless the air is at least 80.) So we swam from 1:00 - 4:30, went home and had some friends over for BBQ and then headed back to the pool from 6:30 - 8:30. I love summer!Brooklyn the babysitter entertaining Tiff's boys in the baby pool. When we went back later, the boys kept coming up to me saying "Cole, where's Brooklyn?" They love her. With another year or two under her belt, I bet she'll be rollin' in the babysitting $$$.Eating on the patio.Our Red Neck swing set.Logan ~ he's such a funny kid!Rylee ~ Relaxing in the water.Brooklyn on the slide.

A classic shot of the girls in the shower. I remember blowing up my swimsuit in the pool showers. Funny how it all comes around.

3 comments:

wishesUT said...

Hooray for summer! Your pictures look so fun. So it does get up to 80 degrees in North Dakota???

Rachel said...

So fun! Love the pool and the warm weather.

jen&boys said...

So fun! I wish we were there so Riser could swim with the girls! I love the Redneck swing set.