Friday, June 13, 2008

Camp

Brooklyn just returned from her first camp. She left on Monday and we picked her up today. I was a little emotional sending her away for a week, but I knew she would have an amazing time...and she did. She and her good friend Bailey elected to go to Crystal Springs Girls Basketball and Bible Camp www.csbcamp.org. It's set up on a really pretty lake with lots of fun water things to do. Unfortunately, summer has decided to elude us here in North Dakota, and the girls had to have a lot of inside fun. But from the sounds of their chatter on the drive home, I think they managed just fine, even with the rain. It was cute to see them hugging their cabin mates as they left. Brooklyn has a booklet full of email and phone numbers of her new camp buddies. We got her a little digital camera before she went. Here are a few of the pictures.Self PortraitBailey and BrooklynThe new friend Bailey. She lives in Jamestown. We'll have to visit her.More Brooklyn and Bailey.And here is Bailey getting dressed up for Basketball Princess Trials.This is one of the pastors. Kelly. She is very funny.

Brooklyn and her new friend Bailey in their matching hats.Bailey trying out the tube with counselor Morgan. It was freezing!


------------------------------------------------------------


Sounds like it was a lot of fun. There was a lot of laughing as they related story after story on the drive home. They already plan on going back next year, just hope it's a little warmer. And now, time for a nap. I don't think there was a lot of sleeping at camp.

Oh..and thanks to all the letter writers. Brooklyn received 10 letters at camp. She was very excited!

1 comment:

jen&boys said...

Ahhh summer camp... Brings back the memories! I love that hat!