Friday, June 27, 2008

Catching Up










It's been another busy week, and we're anticipating a busy weekend. Good thing we like to be on the go.
Swimming lessons are progressing wonderfully. Rylee has always been a bit timid, but seems to have totally let loose in the water. Diving, sliding, front and back stroke all look good. They both past the level they were in for now and Rylee is already signed up for the next session. She plans to be a life guard as soon as she's old enough.
This week was the Foster County Fair and since Carrington is the Foster County Seat, the fair is right here at home. It's always a highlight of the summer, but this year is just a little more fun as Carrington is celebrating 125th anniversary. We have spent many hours at the fair this week (with a little slip and sliding to cool off in between) and Brooklyn entered Rusty in the dog show. The picture's are of him showing off his amazing kisses (he was actually too distracted to kiss, so Brookie put a dog treat in her mouth) and with his prize money. He won $10.00 for being the cutest dog. Rylee entered the Guitar Hero contest. She didn't win, but she did an awesome job. I spent my fair time eating cotton candy and trying to keep track of the kids. Tomorrow is the 125th celebration 5k and parade. We're doing a Fitness Center float, so the kids will get to throw some candy. Tomorrow night we'll head out to the street dance for some music and to get my groove on. My favorite! Last night we saw our first funnel cloud. We've had some awesome storms, but I've never actually seen the clouds rotate until last night. The fair got rained and hailed out about 7:30. Soon after we got home the sky turned green and the wind picked up. Ryan and I went outside to check it out and sure enough, there was some rotation. Nothing came of it, but it was pretty awesome. Rylee was terrified and packed a bag of her favorite things and hung out in the basement until I was able to convince her that it was safe. Next time I'll have to get a picture of the clouds. It was cool.

1 comment:

jen&boys said...

I think I would have been in the basement with Rylee!