
Friday night was the annual Central Dakota Relay for Life. We weren't on a team this year (sometimes I can say no) but we decided to go over and check out the festivities. The weather was crappy, so it was moved indoors to the high school. First thing we see when we walk in is a table with 9 gold fish. There are a couple little balls next to the gold fish bowls. Looks like a game. Rylee says, "I'm going to get me one of those fish." I laugh and we walk on. We listen to the speakers and their moving cancer survivor stories and then the kids head out to check out the games. They aren't gone 3 minutes when Rylee walks back to me and says, "Will you hold my fish?" Yep, she won. On her first try. She was the envy of the majority of kids because there were only a few to win and she did it. Lets hope we don't kill it too quickly.

1 comment:
So funny. Amazing what a determined kid can do. Good luck on keeping the dear fish alive!
Post a Comment