Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Andrew

Happy Birthday Andrew
I have to start off with a question...How did we get so old? Seriously? My friend asked me how old you were and I said , "23. No wait, he can't be 23, maybe 25. Except he can't be 25 because that would make me 5 years older. Holy Crap! I think he's 28!" I mean, how could this happen?
I vividly remember tripping you with my cowboy boot and you falling and cracking your head open on the fireplace when you were 2. Nice memory, I know. I also remember sitting in the waiting room and hearing you scream while they stitched up that head. That was not a good feeling. I remember you spilling ramen noodle on your lap and getting 3rd degree burns. I remember letting you have my favorite blankie during one of your ear surgeries, and then I remember you running threw the sprinklers with it until it was ruined. I remember many times fishing and swimming on Warm River, feeding the sheep behind our house dandy lions, riding bikes to school, kicking a hole in the wall when you made me mad. I remember giggling in the back of the blue Toyota while we rode to Montana or Lake Powell. I remember playing Slug Bug until we cried because we were not very nice about it. I remember singing I'm a VIP and I Love My Rooster. I remember telling you I was pregnant with Brooklyn on mothers day of 1997, even though I was forbidden to. I remember doing your chores because you had answered the phone when it said, " Your son or daughter has missed 1 or more classes today" and I didn't want you to tell mom. I remember (and still have) the Lone Eagle sweatshirt you got for me when I was pregnant with Brooklyn and you worked there for the summer. I remember visiting you in Seattle and trying to find the ocean.
The awesome memories I have with my brother are never ending, so I better stop now, or we'll be here forever.


It's so cool that my kids also have so many awesome memories with you. Brooklyn is so close to you because you were always there for us. Babysitting, bringing snakes to school, helping with dance recitals, mowing my lawn.





And now your all grown up. Your married and your a dad. It's hard for me to put my annoying little brother in the place of this wonderful man. You make me so proud.






Anyway...Happy Birthday. I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have brothers like mine.











2 comments:

Treasure said...

Seriously, I am wiping away the tears..... Happy B-day Andrew!

Chandra said...

Ummm... I have a brother already but can I have another one? Please?