Thursday, April 30, 2009

Paying homage to the Rotisserie Chicken


Today started out like any other day. Get up. Get dressed. Eat some cereal. Contemplate what to make for supper as you are getting the kids off to school. I pulled some salmon out of the freezer with every intention of grilling it this afternoon. But somehow, as the day wore on and my energy waned, I just didn't feel like firing up the old grill. Not to mention that the weather has taken a turn for the worse and its freaking cold outside. After I picked the kids up from school I ran into the grocery store to pick up some veggies to go with our salmon when I smelled it. Fresh Rotisserie Chicken. Dreams of grilled salmon were shoved to wayside as I drifted aimlessly on the savory fumes of rotisserie chicken. Before I knew it one was in my cart and I was happily paying the cashier for my ready-made supper. What a wonderful idea someone had. Cook peoples chicken for them. Then I can go home, put it on a plate with some veggies and pretend I'm Holly Home-maker who prepares fresh and healthy meals for her family! The best part is, one Rotisserie Chicken will serve the girls and I for three days! (Ryan is out of town for work.) Woot! Woot! I don't have to cook. So tonight, it's Rotisserie Chicken and veggies. Tomorrow, shredded Rotisserie Chicken in pasta salad. Saturday? I don't know, maybe Rotisserie Chicken enchiladas, or Rotisserie Chicken and wild rice soup. How about Rotisserie Chicken fried rice? Really, the possibilities are endless!

5 comments:

The Mattson's said...

Nice. I love Rotisserie Chicken and i love when i don't have to cook. Jared is going out of town next week...So i may just have to pick me up one:)

Treasure said...

I am a huge fan of the Rotisserie Chicken!! Costco makes awesome ones! I love your description it makes me HUNGERY!!

wishesUT said...

I hear you. Sometimes I grab a Rotisserie Chicken at Costco just so that I can take it home and cube it or shred it so I can have it on hand when I need a quick dinner!

jen&boys said...

I love those! I bought one just last week.

Trace said...

That is MY kind of home cookin'.