I always said that Ryan's and my siblings wouldn't have kids until ours were old enough to babysit. And I was just about right on the money! Yesterday Brooklyn got her Red Cross Babysitters Certification. After an 8 hour day and a rigorous test, she is now fully qualified to change diapers, warm bottles, feed babies, make play dough, do arts and crafts. She is also an expert in basic first aide, handling emergencies, Heimlich maneuver, CPR and many, many other wonderful traits anyone would want in a babysitter. Actually, one week before this course she had her first real babysitting job. She babysat Kanin and Korbyn while Tina went to dinner with her parents. It was a breeze (mostly because both boys were already asleep!) Rylee was a little mad that Brooklyn got paid to watch sleeping kids. Her time will come! Anyway, if any of you are in need of quality child care for a night out, you will have to move to ND so that your darling niece can tend your children!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
I called it!
I always said that Ryan's and my siblings wouldn't have kids until ours were old enough to babysit. And I was just about right on the money! Yesterday Brooklyn got her Red Cross Babysitters Certification. After an 8 hour day and a rigorous test, she is now fully qualified to change diapers, warm bottles, feed babies, make play dough, do arts and crafts. She is also an expert in basic first aide, handling emergencies, Heimlich maneuver, CPR and many, many other wonderful traits anyone would want in a babysitter. Actually, one week before this course she had her first real babysitting job. She babysat Kanin and Korbyn while Tina went to dinner with her parents. It was a breeze (mostly because both boys were already asleep!) Rylee was a little mad that Brooklyn got paid to watch sleeping kids. Her time will come! Anyway, if any of you are in need of quality child care for a night out, you will have to move to ND so that your darling niece can tend your children!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The next time you're in Salt Lake, we'd be happy to employ her! ;) I keep saying things like this, but how is she old enough to babysit? Crazy!
Post a Comment