Sunday, April 26, 2009
Rainy Day Blues
The rain/snow that was forecast for yesterday arrived today. First thing out of Rylee's mouth when she woke up this morning? "I'm bored!" Oh no you don't. Don't even think of starting that crap! I told her she would go to summer school all summer if I heard that out of her mouth one more time! It's only a month till summer vacation and I'm not about to hear the "I'm bored" chorus! Anyway, after the initial boredom, she and Brooklyn got right to playing nicely together. Whew! That doesn't happen every day, but today was a great day. At one point the went out worm hunting and I watched from the back window as they trekked around the park with a bucket and an oar. (Not sure what the oar was for, but it sure was fun to watch.) Now they are happily watching a movie in the "hammocks" they made on the "tropical island" in Brooklyn's room. I love days like this. I hope they remember these times forever and ever. Days like this will sustain their relationship forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks like they had lots of fun.
I love the hammocks! I remember making enormous tents with Ryan and his brothers in their basement. good memories!
...If only my kids were still making tents out of bedsheets..sigh. Hi Nicole! I am still in VA with my folks (and can't remember your email address)...just wondering...on the off chance that you are still having rainy/chilly weather and you are actually INDOORS...Could you post a couple of the Prom photos and email them to me??? I would love to show my Mom while I am still here. I know you are a BUSY girl though, so if it isn't possible I'll just send them to her later....she has been really interested in the photos you took of the flooded roads/bridges, etc. So Thanks for sharing all of that! See you when I get back (maybe Thursday), Lynette
PS It is 90 degrees and sunny here...Ahhhhh, so good for the soul!
Post a Comment