What's a blog for if not to spread political propaganda or brag about your children. While I have my political views, I'm not so into spreading them. I am, however, fond of bragging about my beautiful girls. Today I was playing lunch lady at the kids school (a new past time) when Brooklyn approached me, wild eyed and obviously upset. I went into the hall with her where she proceeded to tell me about some kids on the playground pushing and bullying a boy in her class. Now, the boy being bullied would be considered a dork. I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm just saying, that as much as I know about this boy, I'm guessing this is not the first time he's been bullied. Kids are cruel. Anyway, Brooklyn said she told the other kids to leave him alone and they called her a dork lover. She replied, "I'd rather be a dork lover and do the right thing, than feel bad about myself for being mean." How proud am I?
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Proud Mom Moment
What's a blog for if not to spread political propaganda or brag about your children. While I have my political views, I'm not so into spreading them. I am, however, fond of bragging about my beautiful girls. Today I was playing lunch lady at the kids school (a new past time) when Brooklyn approached me, wild eyed and obviously upset. I went into the hall with her where she proceeded to tell me about some kids on the playground pushing and bullying a boy in her class. Now, the boy being bullied would be considered a dork. I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm just saying, that as much as I know about this boy, I'm guessing this is not the first time he's been bullied. Kids are cruel. Anyway, Brooklyn said she told the other kids to leave him alone and they called her a dork lover. She replied, "I'd rather be a dork lover and do the right thing, than feel bad about myself for being mean." How proud am I?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
way to go Brooklyn -
So proud of that girl. What an amazing person. Thanks for sharing!
wow!!! good job. That is a great story and I'm going to share it with my children. Thanks!! Way to go Brooklyn!!
Post a Comment