It's blurry, but I was surprised. There stood Ryan, my mom and Brick, and all my North Dakota friends. There were balloons, cake, karoke...the works. I was totally dumbfounded. I kinda felt like an idiot because I had no idea. So a few minutes pass and I'm visiting with everyone, and suddenly I hear someone singing Happy Birthday and carring a cake. I looked up and thought how ridiculous it was that they were having the servers sing to me, and then I did a double take. Carrying the cake was Mandy, followed by Missy, Treasure, Miranda and Crystol. I FREAKED out! 
For those of you who don't know, those are my girls. My bestest friends. Some from as far back as middle school and others that might as well be. Mandy came from St. Louis, Treasure from Pheonix, Missy from Idaho Falls and Crystol and Miranda from Salt Lake. By some huge feat of friendship, the managed to all come to North Dakota at the same time. The only one missing was Chandra
but we had her on the phone. We were all in tears. Laughing and crying at the same time. (Lauging because I never cry. The fact is, my heart is the size of a tiny little raisin. Inside joke.) Anyway, the night went on, with many more laughs, some poor people having to hear us sing, my North Dakota friends haning with my Utah friends. It was amazing.

Laura and Bobbi made me a boquet much better than flowers. There were 30 candy bars! Look out Weight Watchers...here I come!


The rest of the story will come later.
2 comments:
Wow! What great friends! I have to say that I am a little amazed by Ryan's "skills" as well... I never would have been able to keep something like that to myself! Happy early birthday Nicole!
What an awesome birthday. That is one heck of a surprise. I love it!
Post a Comment