Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The rest of the story...


Some people might not be too excited to have 5 unexpected house guests. But I was thrilled. Since I knew my mom was coming, I had made sure the guest room was ready and the house was clean. There were plenty of clean towels for showers and food to eat. I didn't plan on Crystol's milk addiction, but there is a grocery store nearby, so we were able to get by. We came home from the Cheiftan at 1:00 AM. We were all very tired, but I had to show them my house, and then we just couldn't stop talking. We ended up talking till 3:30. Then everyone piled into beds. Mandy wanted the couch, Crystol and Miranda shared Brooklyn's bottom bunk (it's a double), Treasure had Brooklyn's top bunk, and Missy slept in Rylee's bed. So much for a clean guest room! Nobody wanted to be away from each other, so we all slept upstairs. My mom and Brick had gotten a room at the Super 8 and took Brooklyn and Rylee with them. So it was a slumber party at my house. I don't know if Ryan has ever heard so much giggling. He'll have to get used to it. He does have a pre-teen daughter in the house and another up and coming. The next day was great. My mom took the kids to Jamestown for a movie and shopping, and the rest of us just hung around town. I showed them all the cute shops on Main Street, the fitness center, our local Alco store, etc. We drove around town looking at cute houses and just talking and laughing. We stopped at some railroad tracks for some funny pictures and at the city park for a Carrington picture. Saturday night my mom made my favorite dinner (Salmon, Rice and Salad) and we had an early birthday party for Brooklyn and another early birthday for me. Brookie and I each opened a few presents and we had another cake. Brooklyn and Rylee went back to the hotel with Grandma and Grandpa and we all stayed up till 3:00 AM...again. I'm seriously too old for that. I'm still recovering. We watched Juno, played games and did more laughing. Sunday morning started bright and early. My mom, Brick and Treasure had to leave my house at 7:00 am go get to the airport in Fargo. After a tearful goodbye, we fixed breakfast and prepared for more goodbyes. The road trip girls wanted to head out by 12:00 noon and Mandy needed to be to Fargo by 3:00, so we all left my house a little after noon and stopped in Jamestown for lunch. Then Mandy and I headed east to the airport, and the rest headed west to Utah. That's it. I'm still tired, but I feel so loved! Missy, Miranda and Crystol arrived in Salt Lake late Monday night. Missy picked up her kids and then had to drive to Idaho Falls. She got home safe and sound yesterday. Everyone is home and hopefully resting. We are just getting too old for late nights like that! Here are a few more random pictures. These next two were taken in my mom's hotel room while they waited for me to get to the Cheiftan. Apparently Missy was very stressed that I might be on to them.

3 comments:

Jolie said...

Nicole! It must be the 30th Birthday! Happy Birthday to you! Oh how fun that must have been to be with all the ones you love! There is nothing in the world like dear friends! I'm so impressed with that surprise and the party! How fun! I love all the pictures! What a beautiful group of girls!

Miranda Whitney said...

I'm so happy that the suprise turned out so well, I had a fabulous time :)

Brett and Becca Muir said...

What a fun birthday!! What great friends to come all the way to north dakota just for you i think they are keepers.