Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Summertime is comming!


It was 84 degrees today. I was so happy I was dancing in the streets. Literally. I had an aerobics class this morning and I made them go outside. Then, while we were running in the streets, I did the Michael Jackson 'Bad' dance. Summer just can't get here soon enough. Not just for the weather, but I also need some down time. It's time to take a break from dance, cut my hours at work and lay by the pool with my kids. Some people complain about summer and having their kids home, but I can't wait. I love it when they're home and we are hanging out. They are getting so big now, and I know I have precious few years left where they will want to hang out with me. I'm going to take advantage of that this summer. I'm going to run through the sprinklers and slip-n-slide. I'm going to drink Kool-Aide and roast marshmallows. I'm going to spend more time swimming in the pool with the kids than sitting on the edge with the moms. The only sad part is...after this summer I will have a 5th grader and a 3rd grader. Where does the time go?

2 comments:

**the muirs** said...

I used to always say that when I became a mom I would have an endless supply of Kool-Aide! Especially the orange and blue raspberry kind! *lol* I thought thats what would make me the best mom in the world!

jen&boys said...

yay for summer. We had a brief tast of it ourselves. Riser played outside till he could barely keep his eyes open. Can't wait for more days like that!