The year is 1986 and I am 7 years old. I live in a deprived household that doesn't have MTV, but so far, I don't know any better. And then one spring day, we are at my parents friends home for a BBQ and on MTV is the most amazing music video I have ever seen. My heart skips a beat as the lead singer jumps and gyrates around the stage with his massive amounts of hair flaying this way and that. Something happened inside me that I didn't quite understand, but somehow I knew that that singer was the cause. 


Daughtry! What a great concert. Daughtry played for about 45 minutes and then it was 2.5 hours non-stop of Bon Jovi.

I can't decide what the best part was. The entire stadium singing along to Livin' On A Prayer, Chris and Jon doing a duet to Blaze of Glory, or was it that amazing smile with those irresistible dimples, or the baby blue eyes twinkling with just enough bad boy mischief, or maybe when he turned around and shook his tush for the audience. Hard to choose. All in all it was a great night and I have to thank my hubby for taking me to see my 1st crush.
3 comments:
So funny. Glad it was fun. Karl and I went to see them right before we got married. It's something that everyone raised in the 80's should be required to see.
You are hilarious!! I bet that was a awesome concert, did you go with you girlfriends?
I got a good laugh reading this post, Nicole. It gave me some insight into your past.
You know, Ryan used to be quite the concert guy. He and I went to see Primus when I was in the 7th grade. Not Bon Jovi, but still an experience. I'm glad your dream was finally realized.
Post a Comment