Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Aha Moment

Ever have one of those?

I have been singing Yankee Doodle for the past 4 days and I couldn't figure out why. I wake up in the middle of the night with Yankee Doodle running through my head. I find myself humming it while I'm working out. I don't generally listen to American Folk Tunes, so I've been baffled as to why this song is in my head. Well, today Brooklyn was practicing guitar and all of a sudden I find myself singing Yankee Doodle again. Aha...Brooklyn has learned to play Yankee Doodle and I have grown so accustomed to her practicing that I didn't even notice what song I was hearing! This is one of those moments when I say to myself, "Time to pay more attention."

On another note, my friend Anna's quote on her e-mail is "Let's not forget to be silly today." That is going to be my New Years resolution. A little bit of silliness everyday will definitely make the world a better place. And if not better, at least funner.

No comments: