It's been a busy couple of weeks. It's amazing how a regular school schedule can whip a person into shape. No more lazy mornings, or afternoon naps! Wow! I'm spoiled!
Some good and some sad this past couple weeks.
Good?
* School is going awesome. The girls love their teachers and seem to be getting along well with their classmates. Brooklyn is feeling very "cool" as she is the oldest in her school, on the student council and...HAS A LOCKER!!! I do believe that is the coolest thing about 6th grade. Rylee is as social as ever. It's an argument to get her to come home after school. She usually has plans with about 8 different people and doesn't have time to come home and tell me about her day. Come Friday...she's pooped! They are very good at manipulating me with the "We might not be here very long..." speech when I say no to playing or doing something fun. They just feel like they have to pile in as much fun as possible with their Carrington friends.
* Ryan has been able to come home every weekend for the past 3 weeks. We love having him home...although, I'm getting very used to having a bed all to myself! :)
* Last weekend, some of our many dear friends threw a "Going Away Picnik" for us. I feel so weird about this stuff. I don't know how to act or what to say to people, but it was such a nice picnic and I just enjoy any excuse to hang with my friends. The kids had a blast at the park during the picnic. There were tons of kids and they found a muskrat swimming and living in the now closed Carrington Pool! How funny. There was a massive wall of kids crowded around the fence of the pool just hoping for a peek at the Muskrat. Finally, the park board was called in and Musky was caught and removed from the pool. It seems that everybody brought something chocolate to the picnic. I don't know where anyone would get the idea that I like chocolate! It was all fun and games until I ate about 15 brownies and then proceeded to be sick the rest of the day! Honestly, I have a problem. (PS.friends that brought camera's...I'm waiting for some pictures...)
Sad?
Well, not so sad, just a little. Change is hard and I love Carrington. So sad is when I know we are leaving. Sad is when they find someone to replace me at the Fitness Center (I'm glad they did, but it makes it all too real.) Sad is when we still can't find a place to live and I have to explain to 20 people a day why I'm still living here! Sad is when Brooklyn panics as she thinks about a new school and trying to fit in. Sad is packing up all my things in my house that I love so much. Sad is that I have already packed up many of my warm weather clothes and it's darn near time that I need them! Sad is helping Lauren with dance registration...knowing that I will not be there to see all "my girls" grow and change this year. Sad is only seeing my husband two days a week.
Really, looking at that list of sad reminds me of how blessed I am. I have so many dear friends and have had so many amazing opportunities in this town. I will forever love Carrington and will be back to visit as often as I can.
2 comments:
I love how you said looking at your sad list really just makes you feel grateful! It reminds me of something I once heard that went something like, be happy you have tons of laundry, it means there are many to love in the home. Be happy you have dishes, it means you have food to eat...and it just went about things like that. It is awesome.
Sad, Sad, Sad :( Me too!!!
Post a Comment