So we arrived at Bakers Hole Camp Ground and found the camp site Andrew and Debo had picked out. To our surprise and delight, Missy, Dustin and the girls were there as well!
After finding out we couldn't use the floaties we had purchased and blown up, we decided to walk upstream and float down without floaties. Missy volunteered to stay back to snap some pictures with Debo, but the rest of us headed for the rapids. Now, here's Andrew, Dustin, Anna and I with 8 kids, and only 2 in life jackets, trying to get them across the swift channel to the rock where you can jump in and float down. It was pretty funny. After a couple of failed attempts, I made it across with Amber on my back. From there, Andrew and Dustin were able to swim the others to my reach and I pulled them in. Once in the spot we wanted to be, Bailey jumped right in and disappeared. Freaked me out for a minute, but eventually her head surfaced and she was fine. The other kids were a bit more cautious, but we all made it and went for round two. It was a super fun evening, swimming and laughing.
After the river, we headed back to camp for Deborah and Andrew's super yummy camp cooking, and a fire and S'mores.
The Newton's slept in their own tent. Bailey and Brooklyn slept in Andrew's camper with him, Debo, and Izzy. Anna and Logan had a two man tent to themselves, and Amber, Rylee and I shared the three man tent. Rylee and I giggled a lot that night as Amber riddled us with stories from her sleep. She's the biggest sleep talker/screamer I have ever met. We couldn't stop laughing! She was very confused about which direction to lay. She kept getting up and laying across Rylee and I. Bailey had one little episode in the camper. I hear a big commotion and then Bailey yelling "Where am I? Where am I?" Deborah starts in with "It's OK honey." And Andrew says in his gruffest I'm trying to sleep voice "YOU'RE CAMPING!" She layed back down and went to sleep.
So ends day one in Yelly.
No comments:
Post a Comment