Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Avery and last of SLC

After spending the morning at the cabin, we headed back to the valley and to Avery's 1st Birthday Party! We love this little doll so much and were so excited to be there for her birthday party.
After the party we stopped at a party store so that Jenn and Brandon could buy some supplies for the "Fiesta" they had planned with Brooklyn and Rylee.
If anyone ever needs tips on how to be the "cool" aunt and uncle, call Jenn and Brandon. They have it all figured out. They bought a Pinata, sombrero's and margarita's (non-alcoholic) and little Mexican flags to put in their margarita's and had a night-time Fiesta with Brooklyn and Rylee.
The next day (when the girls finally woke up, after 10:30) they went swimming and had a blast.
While Jenn and Brandon entertained out kids, Ryan and I met up with my dad, Paulette, Sarah, Andrew and Skyler for some Disk Golf at Solitude.
There are many things I miss about Utah, and the beautiful mountains are near the top of the list. Playing disk golf with my brothers and dad is a treat in itself, but to do it at Solitude, up Big Cottonwood Canyon is incredible. I love it there. I spent a lot of time skiing there as a kid and the scenery is breath taking.
In order to play the course, you ride a lift up the mountain and play across and then down. The brush is so dense and the hills so steep, it's very easy to lose disks (as Andrew can attest. He lost a few that day.) We had a great time and I was sad to say goodbye to my dad, Paulette and my brothers. It was almost time to go home.
We finished off the night with dinner at Debbie and Randy's, and a movie with Jason and Shelley, and then home to bed.
Monday I woke up with a terrible cold and fever. I layed around at mom's house all day until it was time to say goodbye to Rylee and head for the airport, and home. (Rylee stayed for an extra 10 days.)
Thanks to all our family and friends for the entertainment, food and love! We love you all. It was a wonderful vacation.

No comments: