No pictures. Sorry. I was there without my family, and therefor, no camera man.
Anyway, the Carrington Toastmasters sponsor an annual 5k/10k walk/run in Carrington and last year I gave it a try. Had a blast. This year I had plans to run again, but have been experiencing some pain in my foot due to plantar fasciitis. Anyway, I was undecided all week whether I would run or not. I had to drop off some water the morning of anyway, so I dressed ready to run and decided to see how I felt. Honestly, my foot hurt. I can run, but then I walk like I'm 90 for 2 days. But there I am, there are all the runners and walkers, and you just get caught up in the excitement. But I knew I was going to the lake later in the afternoon and I didn't want to be in too much pain to wake board. Last minute, I decide to walk with my friend Tina. I quick register with about 5 seconds to spare and jog out to the starting line. The gun goes off and the runners quickly pass us. It was such a beautiful morning and Tina and I had a great time chatting a we walked through the trees and grass. We reached the finish line with a time of 51 minutes. My slowest 5k yet...but I was there to enjoy myself, not win. Not long after we finished, they begin announcing awards, and lo-and-behold in my age group, I was third place! Yes, me, third place with a time of 51 minutes! I run that in under 30 all the time, so I was laughing so hard about winning at 51. So, next week, my picture will be in the paper as a 3rd place runner with a time of 51 minutes. That's right, the representative from Carrington Fitness Center finished in 51 minutes. It still makes me laugh!
1 comment:
Hey be proud! You won third place. Just imagine if your foot hadn't hurt? Next year you could win!
Post a Comment