Thursday, December 25, 2008

We have a new record...

4:00 AM. That's what time the kids woke up. I tried every trick I had to get them to sleep a couple more hours. Santa hasn't been here yet, Grandma's too old to get up this early, etc. I read them stories until about 5:00, but then it was too much. We did a little more stalling. Waking up Andrew and Debo and Grandma and Grandpa. Getting breakfast in the oven and coffee brewing. By 5:30 they couldn't stand it any longer.
Andrew videoed them as we tormented them a little. We made them stay in the kitchen and we all went out and counted presents. Stockings first. Rusty says "Santa, I've been a good boy!"
Santa says, "Not completely, but you are kinda cute." Let the unwrapping begin. Thanks Papa for bringing everyone for a North Dakota Christmas. Ute Fans.


Breakfast.
Back to bed.

2 comments:

Brett and Becca Muir said...

It looks like you had a great christmas. That is so nice that your family was able to come and celebrate it with you. Hopefully someday all of us muirs can come for christmas.

Nicole said...

I hope so. How 'bout 2009?