Sunday, December 14, 2008

This and That

Rylee asked to use my camera the other day and I just got to looking at her work. It's not the best picture, but it cracks me up. She was looking out our front window (flash was on, bad reflection) taking a picture of what she calls "The Christmas House." We live across the street from the Christmas Lights of the Town! Ryan and I joke that we don't even have to turn lights on in our house, there are so many across the street we can see just fine. The kids, however, love it. It takes our neighbors a few weeks to get everything up and the kids love to sit at the window and figure out what is newly set up and what still needs to arrive. I'll get a better picture one night. Some of her other work involves the dog. Yes, we used to think of him as our cute little baby. The joy of the house. But he's hit a rough spot. I think it must be the terrible teen years or something, but he's not my favorite anymore. The kids still think he's an angel and the joy of their life. Rylee thinks the world has crumbled when he runs off (which he tries to do frequently) or pees in my bedroom and gets sent to his kennel as punishment (another all too frequent occurrence.) This last picture is Brooklyn's hair the morning after the Christmas Concert. We had done a very intricate twisty bun, and the morning after results were comical.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Sounds like you may have arrived at that age where, as a parent, the family pet has become more of chore than a joy. Don't feel bad, we all get there sooner or later. Marlene and I wouldn't dream of having another dog at this stage of our lives.