Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Dreaded Photo Shoot

Honestly...what is wrong with the camera's at every drivers license division in the world? Have you ever met anyone who takes a good drivers license photo? If you do, count yourself lucky, because it is a rare and glorifying moment when one likes the photo on their drivers license.

Today was renewal day, and I was feeling pretty cute. Actually straightened the hair and put on some mascara. Then Carla and I headed down to Jamestown for our renewal photo session. (We both have Oct. birthday's, so in the interest of saving the planet, we car pool.) On the way down, Carla informs me that she never takes a bad drivers license photo. She claims that she never, ever looks good in a regular photo, but thinks she pretty hot on the old license. I seem to like mine with either one eye closed, or some orange hue radiating from my face. So, it's photo time, and Carla goes first. Poor thing, she didn't know what was coming with me in the room, but I got the giggles. I started laughing so hard I was crying. The ladies behind the counter were glaring at me, and that just made me laugh harder. So poor Carla's photo is one of those "I'm trying very hard not to laugh faces," and that's never a great look. Of course mine was worse. I had just laughed so hard I cried. My eyes are red, my face is blotched and I'm still fighting the giggles. So much for making an effort to look good. Lucky for you all, I don't have a scanner, so you don't have to be subjected to the horror of my Drivers License photo.

1 comment:

Jolie said...

That was so funny! I totally agree with miserable license pictures. I've never had a good one yet! I love the adventures of girls weekend out and Skyler in Alaska. What a great time! Also, I used to work with your mom-in-law at the church office building. I totally forgot about that until I saw her birthday picture! She IS a wonderful woman. She was always so sweet and kind! You have a wonderful family!