Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tribute to Chandra


Today, by bestest friend called me with a problem and I was...well, lets just say, less than inspirational. Actually, I was down right crabby. I feel bad about this because I can't remember a time when I have called her in need of a pick-me-up and she hasn't delivered. So, as an apology for my crabbiness this morning, here are some of the many reasons why I love Chandra:

  • She's a giver. Probably to a fault, but it sure has benefitted me! What kind of friend can you drop your kids off at 3:30 AM on you way to work? What kind of friend would offer to help you finantially, legally, emotionally, physically, and any other kind of way possible? Only Chandra. She honestly would do just about ANYthing for anyone.
  • She's funny. And I don't just mean quirky (although she is), or goofy (although she is), but gut busting, laugh so hard you cry and pee your pants kind of funny. And I have done both in her presence! I think I only pee'd my pants once, but the tears are a regular occurance. She's has great comedic timing. She has mastered the art of sarcasm. If you've ever seen her interpretaton of "Michael Flatley ~ Riverdance" then you can appreciate her physical comedy as well. She is quick on her feet with her funniness, and she also plots and schemes more funniness.
  • She's smart. And always striving to increase her intelligence. She likes logic puzzles and history, art museums and historical by-ways. She finds people like Anderson Cooper sexy because he is intelligent and cultured. She loves to talk on the phone for hours discussing the troubles of the world and what we can do about them. And I don't mean 'We' as in the human race, but 'we' as in she and I. She once thought it was a great idea to have a word-of-the-day club to increase our vocabulary. She highligts the words she doesn't know when she's reading, then looks up the definition and writes it in the empty space on the same page (comes in handy when you borrow books from her.)
  • She thinks Barnes and Noble is a good girls night out. And with her, it is. That is just one of the many places where she has made me laugh so hard I cry.
  • She's opinionated. And you don't usually have to dig too hard to find out what her opinion is...and why. Just ask any of the servers that have served her "less than par" food (as Missy and I hide our face and hope there isn't spit in our food.)
  • She's classy and laid back at the same time. She can fit in at a 5 star restraunt or chill with the bikers at any old bar & grill. She will play football with her boys in high heels. She will wear outfits consisting of jeans from Target, a top from Anthropology, payless shoes and designer perfume. She is the coolest.
  • She has great taste in music. At any given time you could find her listening to Michael Buble, Tom Petty, Incubus, Mozart, Joss Stone, Michael Jackson, C & C Music Factory, Black Eyed Peas...etc. Seriously, it could be anything.
  • She is the BEST mom. All of the above qualities (and more) go into her mothering, as well as her friendship skills. And it shows in her amazing boys.
  • She is driven. When Chandra decides to do something, watch out. You will never find a harder worker that Chandra on a mission. Once, she stayed at work for over 24 straight hours trying to decrease the pile in the ever-growing inbox.

Anyway... there is so much more, but alas, at some point I have to quit blogging and take care of my children. I'll just end with this. I have many "best friends". Honestly, I don't know how I got so lucky, but somehow, Chandra is the bestest. She manages to bring out the best in me. Even when I have decided to hide any possible good stuff. I like myself better when I'm with Chandra. We live too far apart to actually be with each other much right now, but our daily phone calls are a life-line. Whenever there are days when we don't connect - it feels like weeks. With Chandra I can be just who I am at this moment, just how I'm feeling right now. I'm never expected to be anything more that who I am right now. Thank You - Thank You - Thank You - for that.

What is wrong with spell check? I cannot get it to work and I desperatly need it!!!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chandra said...

Your such a jackass! I just did my makeup and I was looking really hot today and then I read this posting and I cried (not surprising, right). Now my mascara is running down my face and Kobe is scared to even look at me. Reading this bothers me a little... I can't believe that even though you know my every secret thought, good or bad, you can still say such nice things about me. Have I really managed to pull the wool over your eyes too?!!? I must be better at bull shitting then I thought!!

Nicole said...

Oh wow...I can feel the love.

Treasure said...

Wow, like I didn't miss you both enough!! Cole I must say I totally agree with your analysis of Chandra. You are lucky to have Chandra as a best friend but I must say that I am luckier because I get you both!!! I love you both!!!!!!!!