
So I get asked quite frequently how to lose 10 lbs. Most of us don't have a huge amount of weight to lose, just 5-15 that hangs on to the thighs for dear life. I decided to blog about this today, because I myself have 10 lbs to lose. Before May if at all possible. (As I write this I am eating a chocolate cookie. This is an example of what not to do!) So here are my best tips for losing the last 10.
- Take your workouts to the next level. For some, this means "Start working out." For others this means graduate from walking on a treadmil at 3.5 with no incline to increasing the incline or increasing the speed. The idea is, your heartrate has to go up. And it has to stay up for a minimum of 20 minutes. How high should your heart rate be? Well here's the formula. 220 - your age = your maximum heart rate. Now multiply that by .8 and that is the number you want to aim for for 20-60 minutes. (Here's mine. 220-29=191. 191x.8= 152.8)
- Diet. Not the nasty 4 letter word that means starve yourselve in some way or another. But just diet. The daily consumption of vitamins and minerals. I will add "in moderation." When you fill up on fruits and veggies, there is not much room left for sugar and chocolate. Ha! That's what I'm trying to tell myself. The real deal is, mind over matter. You want to lose, you have to give up or at least cut back on the bad stuff. No more chocolate cookies! I myself cannot go 1 whole day with out some sort of treat or another. So, rather than give it up all together, I try the moderation thing. 100 calorie packs are a life saver for me.
- Drink Water. Drink Water. Drink Water. No soda. No soda. No soda. Americans consume 80% of their daily calories in their drinks. Thats insane! Drink water!
- Catch some zzz's. This is a vital issue. Sleep is when the body rejuvenates and repairs. If you are not sleeping well, I can just about guarantee you won't lose weight.
- Strength train. I went into this in an earlier blog. It's vital.
Thats it for now. Hopefully a lighter me will be visiting you all soon!
2 comments:
Great post! (and previous posts) I love all those tips. I am a junk food junkie and it got worse when I was prego. So I am trying the whole 'moderation' thing too. I can't go one day without a treat either. Now if I could just get to that sleep part... :)
I think your job sounds awesome and I am sure you are so great at it! As I read your post about your dance class I had a flash back of drill, so fun. I am sure you are the best teacher. :)
Great tips. I consider you my personal trainer. So far listening to you, 12.4 lbs going on 80.
Thanks.
Post a Comment