Sunday, October 11, 2009

Update

This is what I found on my deck one afternoon this week. Ridiculous! I've been patiently waiting for the leaves to reach their peak in fall color so that I could get out there and get some pretty pictures...but alas, with the snow flying all weekend and the wind blowing like crazy, most of the leaves have fallen before they even changed color.
Our big news of late is, of course, the fact that we found a house. So, the rest of the story is that we will be moving on Friday, October 23rd. Our amazing friends, Les and Joyce, Mark and Faye, Anna and Kids, and Carla and Kids are all going to caravan with us for a big moving party! We've reserved a couple rooms in the hotel and are going to have a birthday party for Brooklyn at the pool that weekend while we have a few friends in town.
Without a job the last few weeks, I've been looking for interesting ways to fill my time. In between packing, I've enjoyed doing a little babysitting for two of my favorite boys Kanin and Korbyn.
My strategy with the young ones is
put 'em in a basket and don't worry about it! Not really, but Korbyn did love the basket. Kanin, on the other hand, is ready to wrestle, and Ryan showed up just in time for a little rough housing.
The other think I did on a whim (well, not so much a whim, I have been wanting this for a long time, just never make the time to do it) is:
I was nervous it would hurt, but it wasn't so bad. It's worse now...itchy.
I've been visiting my friend on bed rest. She's pregnant with twins and I've enjoyed taking a few belly pictures.
Otherwise, it's pretty uneventful. The house is looking empty. I've packed up the entire basement and moved everything into the garage. There is nothing on the walls anywhere, and I've even packed most of our clothes. Tomorrow, I'm packing everything in the kitchen except what we absolutely cannot live without. Weird. I'm going to miss this house.
Random thought: Anyone know why the word "weird" doesn't follow the "i before e except after c" rule?

6 comments:

Tina said...

Ok SO I am so no looking forward to that weekend...Cute pics of the boys!! Hope everything is going well with Angela!!

Brett and Becca Muir said...

I know how you feel about packing and moving its so hard to leave somewhere you love. I have done it 6 times and it never gets easier. Good luck on the move it seems like you have alot of good friends to help you.

Anonymous said...

i before e except after c and sometimes w. That is how i learned it. don't know why but that's part of the joy of our american language.
congrats on finding a house. did you sell yours?

Trace said...

Oh the itching of a tattoo! I agree the tat itself isn't so bad but the itching is really annoying! It looks great. Beware, they are addicting!

Jenn and Brandon said...

I am so jealous! Brandon won't let me get a tattoo. And I'm a little afraid of the pain... You are awesome! Good luck with the move. Wish we were there to help.

Anna said...

I am a lucky girl 2 weekends in a row of jam packed Fun!!!!