Friday, October 30, 2009

Backtrack to WOF

A couple weekends ago, I had the opportunity of a lifetime. Me and 11 friends drove to St. Paul, Minnesota to attend a "Women Of Faith" weekend. On Thursday, Oct. 15th we loaded two suburbans and made the 6 hour drive.
We spent that night a bit like a slumber party. Talking and laughing much later than we should have.
The next morning we headed to day one of our Faith filled weekend. I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing this conference was. Each day Laura asked us what our favorite was, and I just can't decide. Never has there been a group of speakers and musicians that felt like the were speaking right to me, when in reality, there were over 12,000 people at the Xcel Energy Center. I have never laughed so hard nor cried so hard in one weekend...ever. The existence of a loving God has never been so clear to me. It was truly life changing.
All day Friday and Saturday were spent at the conference, but we were able to go out for a few meals in between.


Anyway, it was an unbelievable weekend. So glad I took time out of packing to experience the glory of God with so many wonderful women! I love you my Fireflies! I'm counting down to next year.

1 comment:

Karissa said...

That sounds really awesome! The love of God never stops astounding me. He would never lead us a stray and that's why we can rely on him, why he's our constant, and why I know that if I ask him something that I can follow his council without worrying. I always reflect on the fact that he is referred to as our Father so much. It really shows the great significance of our relationship with him and his love for us. I often think of how he sent his son to die for us too. He chose to let him go through the suffering of our sins because he was the only one that could, so that we could return to him--because he LOVES us. I can't even imagine making that decision. Those messages of his love are so powerful to me and make me who I am today.