Saturday, March 7, 2009

Funeral Day

The next morning was the day of the funeral. We headed to the church at 9:30 for a little meet and greet. All the family was there. Andersons, Bakers, everyone. Tyler was able to make it and it was so fun to see him. I got to see Nancy, whome I idolized when I was little (Amanda is her daughter.) We were mingling with visitors when I turned around and got quite a surprise. Debbie and Randy (Ryan's parents) had drove up from Salt Lake for the funeral and to see me. OK, they probably wanted to see the girls, but they kinda like me too. I was so amazed and so excited. I hated being so close to SLC and not able to see a whole half of my family. It was such a treat to visit with them. I'm so blesses with such amazing family. Rylee is into self portraits. Here's her attempt at on with Grandpa Randy. The church service was awesome. The Pastor was really neat and I felt like he did a great job characterizing my Grandpa. Amanda sang a nice song and then we were blown away by JL's voice as he sang The Lords Prayer. He's amazing. He doesn't sing much anymore, but it was very special to have him sing that for Grandpa. After church we went outside for the Military Rights. I've never seen that before. I didn't have my cameara, I had Skyler's, and I'm anxiously awaiting the e-mail where he sends me those pictures. I thought the Military Rights were awesome anyway, but even more special was that my cousin Zack presented the flag to Grandma. Very cool. Next we had lunch at the church and took turns telling Grandpa stories. And of course, taking lots of pictures. Here we go: Rylee and Amanda. Rylee didn't have much time for her Grandparents. She was so busy with her friends. If it wasn't Kaycie or Isaiah, it was Amanda. Uncle Bob. Grandpa's brother. He had some great stories. Childhood memories that were just precious. You could feel how much he loved his older brother. JL and I recounting some of the fun summers we shared with Grandpa. Mom and Danette with Dean Roberts. Grandpas very dear friend. Susan and Tyler. We missed you Ang. Sisters. The Baker Cousins. Still missing Angie. The Baker side. JL (my brother-cousin) and I. The Kimball Kids with Dad. I was so excited to see my Dad. I haven't seen him sinse Andrew got married. I was really excited to meet Paulette. I felt like I already knew her, but it was very fun to meet her in person. Here they are...Dad and Paulette. The Baker's and Grandma Weezie.

3 comments:

Anna said...

I know it sounds weird to say "It looks like you had a fun funeral weekend", but thats all that comes to mind. Its nice to see family, whatever the reason!

Anna said...

PS
I really like that shirt on you!

Nicole said...

I had a blast! Funeral or now funeral...I have an awesome family.