So we left for Grandpa's funeral in Idaho on Thursday, amidst some crazy northern storms, which translates to major flight delays. Good thing I had watched the video below before I left. It helped me keep some perspective when we hadn't slept for 24 hours.
So our flight from Fargo to Minneapolis was supposed to leave at 7:00 PM and then we had a connection in MSP to Idaho Falls. Well, due to weather our flight to MSP was delayed 2 hours, which would have made us miss our Idaho Falls flight. But, there was crap weather in MSP too, so the Idaho flight was also delayed. So we get to our gate in MSP and wait 2 hours. Finally we board the plane, go through de-icing, and sit on the run way for another 2 hours. At this point the pilot comes on the speaker announcing that his 16 hour shift is up and it is unsafe for him to fly us to Idaho. So, we taxi back to the gate (45 minutes) to pick up a different pilot. When we get to the gate, our pilot tells us that there is actally, no other pilot and the flight is cancelled. Talk to a gate agent about finding a new itinerary. At this point it's about Midnight. We exit the plane (drunk and drunker, whome I had the pleasure of getting to visit with during all these delays decide to try and beat up the pilot, idiots) and the gate agent hands us a new itinerary. Mine says I'll be leaving MSP at 9:45 the next night. So that won't work for me. So by the time I find another gate agent, get a flight to Salt Lake then to Idaho Falls the next day, it's 2:00 AM. I made the airline give me a hotel room and the girls and I went and slept for 2 hours. Our next flight was scheduled to leave at 8:30 AM. We get to the airport early so that we have time to eat, then head to our gate. Guess what happens next. You got it. Flight delayed till 11:30. So now we have a few more hours to spend in the MSP airport, trying not to fall asleep. We finally get out of MSP and head to SLC, with just enough time to run to our next gate and get right on the plane. So, it was a long day, but we made it before the funeral. Nice that I watched that video and got some perspective before we left!
1 comment:
Man!! That is nuts!! You were just trying to get to a funeral. I'm so sorry. I watched that video the other day too. It was funny and made sense. I love your thoughts on the Lord's Prayer. And I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. How is your Mom? I loved seeing the pictures of you when you were young, when I knew you!!! :)
Post a Comment