Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Unfortunately...I didn't remember to take pictures. Only two. When Les made it snow .and banging pots and pans at midnight. We had a good time. Mark, Faye and Carmen, Les and Joyce, Tina and Korbin, Anna, Wade, Bailey, Amber and Logan came over for a game night. We ate chili and played games till 2009. 2009 Pictures, Images and Photos So...2009. Kinda weird to think about. Remember when everyone was freaking out about Y2K? I remember going to bed that night about 10:00, pregnant with Rylee, and telling Ryan to wake me up if the world was ending. Funny how people can get themselves so worked up. I've been thinking about New Years Resolutions today. Mostly because I was at work and we were getting the usual calls and questions about memberships. You can't believe how busy the gym gets for about 6 weeks after the New Year. I've decided I don't like New Years Resolutions. Their a lot like rules. Too easy to break. I'd rather live one day at a time, always trying to improve the little things, because eventually, they add up. Oh, don't get me wrong. I'd love to loose 10 pounds, or get more organized, or quit procrastinating, but really, is making a resolution gonna get me there. No...just plugging away at life, one day at a time. I like to look back at all the little decisions I've made in my life and how they weave together to form this amazing existence. All the mistakes, all the good choices, all the good luck and divine intervention. Really, think back. One little choice made differently would have changed your entire life. What if I hadn't switched schools Junior year of high school. I wouldn't have met Ryan. What if I hadn't gone out with him? What if I'd given Brooklyn up for adoption...or worse? What if Ryan hadn't taken Andrew to Petco looking for a job, or what if I hadn't told my future boss at ARUP that I was pregnant in my interview? What if Ryan had turned down the job with ALCO? If we hadn't moved when we did, I'm not sure we still be married. Those are just a few of the big decisions. But think about all the little one's we make every day. They truly impact the big picture. Well, I don't know what's got into me, but clearly I need some hot cocoa and a hot bath. :) By the way, is it every gonna stop snowing?

1 comment:

Trace said...

Well, as sad as I was you ditched WJ, I am glad everything worked out for the best. I often think about choices too. I think you have made some great ones.
I am dying over your comment at the gym. I have noticed my gym has become a lot more crowded this last week. I agree about resolutions. If you want to make a change in your life-make the change. Don't wait for a certain day.