My cousin Terra came for a visit today. She and her husband (Winston) are currently living in Grand Forks. Hows that for small world. When we were little she lived around the corner from me. Then they moved to Sunny California and our visits have been few and far between. Very far between. Now she's around the corner again. OK...it's a 2 hour corner, but it's the closest family I've got.
Anyway, we've emailed a few times and tried to get a visit planned, but it's just never worked out, until now. She e-mailed earlier in the week to say that they were going to be in Bismarck and could they stop by on their way home. Could they? Heck yeah! I was so excited! The girls were excited too. It's so weird for kids to picture their parents having a life before them. They love the excitement of piecing the "mysterious child mommy" together with the me I am to them. We visited and laughed about old times. Like my dad telling her that her parents named her Terra because she was so terrible...or when she used to pretend she was sick so that she could get out of church. Then when the rest of the family left for church, she'd come over and play. It seems so long ago, and yet only yesterday. Funny how time and memories play tricks on us. I think the last time I saw Terra was at her brother Brandon's wedding nearly 10 years ago.
Oh, and did I mention she's gorgeous? Total knock out! And not just on the inside, her outsides are Hot too! :) Winston is a lucky man. It's crazy to picture my cute little blond cousin as this beautiful woman. We are getting old!
Now for my confession. I'm a terrible host! I was so excited to see her that I didn't even offer them a drink for the whole 2 hours they were here! What! I'm such a jerk. After they left I thought about it and couldn't believe myself! Terra, you will have to come visit again and I promise to use my good manners. I'm sure my mom is mortified at my lack of hospitality...but really, I just got caught up in the excitement. Sorry. I also forgot to take a picture. I was thinking that Grandma would probably love to see a picture of the two of us. Next time Grandma. I promise.
Now lets not end a post without at least one note about the beautiful North Dakota weather. This is actually a positive. We had a 75 degree temperature change since Thursday. That's right. Thursday it was 45 degree's below 0 and today it was 30! Can you believe it! 30 whole degree's! Can you believe that I think 30 degrees is something to celebrate?
1 comment:
I was so excited when I heard Terra was coming to visit you. She is beautiful but you are equally as beautiful. It was wonderful to see your dad, Skyler and Paulette at the wedding. And the Paynters. It would be wonderful to get to see everyone!! Maybe one day!
Post a Comment