You guessed it folks...School's Out For Summer!
A part of me is so excited, lazy afternoons at the pool with my girls. Staying up late roasting marshmallows in the backyard. Softball games. Swimming lessons. Camping trips. Carnivals and street dances. Catching frogs and squishing spiders. But there is this whole other side of me that wants to cry.
My girls are growing up right before my eyes. This day marks the day where I no longer have a 2nd and 4th grader. This summer Rylee will turn 8. They can now officially ride their bikes to their friends house without me. (I still make them call me when they get there.) As a matter of fact, they prefer to go without me. They are slowly pulling away from me and growing into the strong and independent people that I have always wanted them to be. Yet it makes me want to cry. This parenting stuff is a lot more than it's cracked up to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment