- Lets start with my best friend Chandra. She keeps it real. No false pretenses about mothering being this easy and wonderful processes. She adores her boys and is so incredible, but I can always count on her to understand when I've just had it. She gets it. She's been there and we don't have to fluff it up.
- Cheryl, who hasn't actually met her baby yet (4 more weeks?) but my heart just went out to her yesterday. She and Greg were sealed in the Salt Lake temple and poor Cheryl was so tired and had to walk all over down town. She has no idea what is in store for her, but you have never seen someone so excited. Good luck and congrats, you will be amazing.
- Anna is a mother to so many. Not literally, (she has 3) but she does day care, girl scouts, and AWANA. So many little one's count on her for attention and affection, and they never fall short with Anna.
- Brooklyn and Rylee. OK, they aren't mothers, but without them, I wouldn't be. Without them I'd be drifting though life like a lost little bird. They keep me grounded. The remind me to appreciate the little things. They keep me active. They spark my imagination. My heart swells when I think of the beautiful young women they are turning into.
- Debbie, my mom-in-law. Some people go through their entire married life feeling like the "in-law" to their husbands family. Not me. I was welcomed with open arms and open heart before we were even married. Our relationship has always been easy and honest. I appreciate her expertise in the mothering field and her love of her granddaughters. She taught me how to bathe my babies, how to clean the cord, and how to just sit back and enjoy them. Thank you for being such a great mom and such a great example.
- And, last the best of all the game.....My Mom. Where do I even start? Thank you mom for pushing me to always be my best. I can still hear your shouts from the sidelines at soccer games, encouraging me to run faster and "get in there!" Thank you for convincing me that I would love water. I was afraid for so long, and look at me now...I love it. Thank you for fostering such an amazing relationship with my brothers. Of all the gifts you have given me, that one is cherished the most. Thank you for teaching me that family is the most important thing, ever. Thank you for making me take care of myself. Thank you for supporting me in my decisions, even when you may not have agreed, you always had my back, and I'm betting you always will. Thank you for giving me the most Amazing dad and always encouraging me to have a strong relationship with him. Thank you for Brick, I couldn't ask for a better step-dad. Thank you for helping me clean when I get myself in such a mess I don't know where to start. Thank you for making such a huge effort to visit me often in ND. For trying to make it to all the important events in my life, even though I live someplace hard to get to. The girls and I look forward to you every visit and fell a little empty when you have to leave. Thank you for my stubborn streak and my fierce independence, both of which I got from you! Thank you for everything. I love you more than I can ever express.
So, I know I missed so many of you, but it is Mothers Day, and I'm off to visit a mother!
1 comment:
Hey 'Cole,
Happy Mother's Day to you as well. I had such a wonderful time with you, Ryan and the kids.
Love Ya,
JL
Post a Comment