Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Brother

Happy Birthday Sky-baby! I can't believe you are actually a man.
To me you will always be my baby brother.
I remember the day you were born. I remember worrying about you even before that. I remember when mom was pregnant with you and I would touch her belly to feel you kick. I already loved you so much. And I was already proud of you.

So proud, in fact, that after you were born I showed the birth video to all my friends. Mom was not too happy about that, but I couldn't believe how amazing you were and I wanted all my friends to know.



You were always the cute one. Andrew and I were bigger, and talking back and making messes, but you "The Golden Child" were just so cute with you blond hair and puppy dog eyes. You could get away with anything. Sometimes we hated you for that, but you'd always win us back over.




You had to put up with a lot from us, being the baby. Calling you Sky-baby. Telling you that we already had the perfect family before you were born and the only reason we had you was to be our slave. Making squinty eyes at you because the Japanese ladies in Hawaii loved you and your blond hair so much.




Yet somehow, you survived and have turned out to be mostly normal and sane. You are such a great person. I couldn't have a better brother and my girls couldn't ask for a cooler young uncle. You truly care about others and do what you can to help. I love you! Happy Birthday!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Skyler! I love the picture at the cabin. Don't we all have a picture right there year after year?!!!
I laughed my head off at the ridiculous stuff you would tell Skyler. That is so funny. I remember trying to convince Ryan that he was adopted.
Oh, I love your family!!!!!