Friday, December 21, 2007

December 20th Dance Performance


More dance pictures. Last night I had 2 groups performing. The 2nd and 3rd grade group, and the 6th and 7th grade group. It's always fun when they perform, but even more fun when my daughters perform. Last night was Rylee's turn (and no she didn't wear the pink boots on stage! We do like to call her Napolean.) I only had one out sick, so as you can see, we have a lot of 2nd and 3rd grade dancers. They did a great job. They danced to We Got the Beat. I wasn't worried about their performance, they go home each week and practice like crazy and it shows. They are so proud to perform at basketball games. At this age high school kids are like celebreties and it's very exciting to be their 1/2 time entertainment. The older girls were another story. They danced to Another One Bites The Dust. Super cute routine, but I have never been with a group of kids who talk so much. We can hardly get anything done each week and their routine was not looking good. So two weeks ago I became the drill seargent and put them to work. After Monday's practice I still didn't know how this performance was going to go, it just wasn't comming together like it should, but I told the girls to go home and practice their routine 100 times a day...and them must have, because they went out at 1/2 time and performed a perfect dance. I was so proud! Now I'm not afraid to take this routine to competition.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.