Rachel...I will get you back for this. I'm supposed to name 6 interesting and little known facts about myself. I will not be tagging anyone else, as all the bloggers I know have already been tagged.
1. I talk a lot. That is why this is going to be so difficult. I talk all the time, and I don't have secrets. So as far as little known facts...it's going to be tough.
2. My list. I actually HATE lists. I never make them for groceries, or Christmas or anything (although, I will admit a little organization would probably save on the stress level), but I do have one list. My Life List. It's an ever changing, ever growing list of things I want to accomplish in my lifetime. Some are crossed off, some are in progress, and some may never be, but it's always inspiring to sit down and read my list. I am proud of what I have accomplished. I'm excited about what I'm currently working on. And I'm optimistic about the rest. My list contains all kinds of goals. Some include travel (Take a canopy tour in Costa Rica), some are educational (I'd like a masters degree, but at the moment any degree would be an accomplishment), some are familial (see my girls graduate from college, hold my grand babies), some include hobbies (write a book, learn to play guitar), and some are just pure selfishness (those are kept to myself :). The list is long.
3. I read in the bath tub. Not so weird, you might think, but there is a strategy that you may not have heard before. I turn the tub on full force until it's 1/2 way full, then turn it to burning hot sprinkles. Just a tiny bit of water. That way I can stay in for an hour (sometimes more) without getting cold. Why not climb in my nice cozy bed to read? Because then I fall asleep. I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow whether I knew I was tired or not. So rather that miss out on my reading, I just stay in the bath tub for hours. Now here's the worst part...sometimes when I know I'm almost finished with a chapter, I start draining the tub. But at the end of the chapter something comes over me and I keep going. Next thing I know, I'm sitting, naked, in a completely empty tub. Not a pretty picture.
4. I'm a very picky eater, but it's not tastes that bother me...it's texture. Some textures that are sure to cue up the old gag reflex? Potatoes (doesn't matter how their cooked), yogurt, jello, cottage cheese, milk, canned fruit, watermelon, bananas, peanut butter and many, many more.
5. I adore my brothres. I am so proud of them. I miss them so much. I feel so blessed to have such a great relationship with them. Andrew and Skyler, you guys are amazing. I hope my girls are lucky enough to marry men like you some day (some far-away day). I love you!
6. I used to bit my nails. I bit them for 25 years. During that 25 years I tried everything in the world to quit, but never did. I even went acrylic once and bit them off. Then suddenly, as soon as we moved to North Dakota, I quit. Don't know how it happened or why, but now I find myself complaining about how fast my nails grow. They are, however, gorgeous! My new obsession is fingernail polish. I have every color.
1 comment:
Ok so I was laughing out loud to the "Next thing I know, I'm sitting, naked, in a completely empty tub. Not a pretty picture." Thats so funny! I agree with you on the texture thing too. I can't eat yogurt, jello, or bananas either! No matter how hard I try they always make me gag!
Post a Comment