Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day

There are many fathers in my life. My husband. His dad. My step-dad. My brother. My grandfathers. Many uncles and friends. But the greatest dad in the whole wide world, is mine.
Oh yes. As far as dads go, Andrew, Skyler and I are the luckiest kids on Earth. My dad has taught me many things. Fishing and hunting. How to check the oil in my car. How to drive. How to drive snowmobiles, 3 and 4-wheelers, and motorcycles. How to plant flowers, and how to make french toast. So many things that there is no way to list them all.
But the greatest things my dad taught me are:
* Compassion. There is no one more compassionate than my dad. He has a way of thinking things through and showing compassion from every angle.
* Spirituality. My dad has taught me that you don't necessarily have to be religious, but being spiritual, and having a strong relationship with God will make life much more worthwhile.
* Love. Unconditional love. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there is nothing I could ever do to make my dad stop loving me. Trust me, me and my brothers have pushed the envelope more than once, and never has his love for us wavered.
Happy Fathers Day Dad.
I Love you.

1 comment:

Tina & Boys said...

YA for you guys....We never did make it over to watch..got busy with house work...BTW great music!! Footloose came on right away...makes me want to dance..lol!