Sunday, June 21, 2009

11 Years


We've come so far. Grown so much. I remember the first time I met you...or rather, saw you. You didn't say anything. I don't think you could have gotten a word in if you'd wanted to because Mike and Jason were talking so much. But I kept looking at you, and I knew, immediately that I wanted you.
People think that I put up with a lot from you, but I have them fooled. The truth is, you put up with a lot from me! I won't go into that. Don't want to ruin my good image, but I do want to thank you for 11 years. I'm not going to lie and say that every day has been wonderful, because the truth is, marriage is hard. I do know that we are both better people for putting up with each other, and working hard to make our marriage and our family work. I love you. I loved you when I first met you, and love you more today. What more can we ask for?
1. Surviving that first year. That was tough, but so worth it!
2. Our two beautiful daughters. Can you imagine life without them?
3. The three homes we've shared together. Starting out in my dads basement, moving on to our first house and then moving to our house in Carrington. We have been very blessed.
4. Here's to 4-wheelers, boats, hunting and campfires. And all the stuff we love to do outdoors.
5. Five years in Carrington. A move that may have saved our family. As crazy as it seems, moving to this little town was one of the best things we ever did.
6. The 6 dogs we've owned. Yes 6. That's not including the 2 litters of puppies!
7. OK, I can't think of anything with a seven in it. But you know that "seven year itch" some people talk about in marriage? Well, I don't remember it. So it must not be so bad.
8. Brooklyn was 8 months old when I finally agreed to tie-the-knot.
9. I can think of at least 9 vehicle's we've owned since we were married. There are probably more, but I remember the white truck, the prism, the Beast, the van, the red truck and camper, the grey truck, your red truck you have now, the white Malibu, and my new Malibu.
10. 10 times 100 might come close the the number of fights we've survived and came out of better people, and hopefully a better couple.
11. Eleven years married. Against all odds.
Happy Anniversary (yesterday). May there be many, many, many more!

No comments: