Friday, May 29, 2009

Pool Days!


Pool Days are finally here! Wooo Hooo! We love to swim and have hardly been able to wait for the pool to open. It was supposed to open Monday, but Monday dawned wet and freezing, only reaching about 55 degree's, and then Tuesday was worse. So you can imagine our excitement when we woke up to beautiful sun and warm temperatures on Wednesday.
First picture is Brooklyn and Baily trying to run from the camera. I guess they are getting to the age where they don't want their picture taking in a swim suit. I tried to tell them that they will one day look back on these pictures and wonder what happened to that cute body!
Here's Rylee wondering if she should get in on the shallow side, or the deep side.
No messing around for Brooklyn, she just dives right in. Rylee on the other hand, likes to take her time. It was colder than she remembered it.
Other things on the agenda this week were: Bible School. Each year we have a community Vacation Bible School for the kids. For the past few years I have been the "Crazy Game Lady" and last night I even had blood on my shirt to prove it! Anyway, Bible School week is one of my favorite weeks of summer, and this year was the best one yet. The lessons were from Exodus and the kids just loved the drama between Moses and Pharaoh. A lot of times that stuff just flies right over the kids head, but it was such a neat program this year. Rylee has been telling me all about the plagues and how sacrificing a perfect lamb to save your first born son was foreshadowing the greatest event in history, the sacrifice of Gods perfect Lamb, Jesus, in order to save us from our sins. Wow! For a kid to get that out of bible school is amazing. There were also several kids who went home after the first night and read the whole book of Exodus because the couldn't wait to find out what happened. I feel so incredibly blessed to be a part of this community, and a part of these kids lives as they learn the Word of God. I don't have any pictures (remember, I'm the game lady and a lot of our games involve water. Not a good place for a camera) but Anna did get some video of the musical program last night. As soon as she e-mails it to me I will post it. Well, I better get some lunch cooked so we can get to to pool! Happy Summer!!!

No comments: