
Yesterday, Brooklyn's friend Bailey comes walking into the pool with a box full of cassette tapes. Great stuff; The Pointer Sisters, Cyndi Lauper, REO Speedwagon. I asked her where she got it and she said she found it near a dumpster and thought it was really cool. (As in old fashion?) So Rylee comes over, picks one up, opens it, turns it over and over in her hand, looks at me and says, "What the heck is it?" I said, "It's music." Bailey said, "Yeah, that's how they used to listen to it in the olden days."
6 comments:
The olden days... nice... We are officially old aren't we?
Yes, the olden days of our childhood. :-) Too funny. I have to admit that I still haven't figured out the whole MP3 thing, so I guess I really am old (although I think I'm capable of learning).
Oh, that makes me feel old. I remember waiting for my favorite songs to come on the radio so I could hit record on my cassette player and make an awesome mix tape. On the same subject, we had a some new neighbors over for dinner (newlyweds) and they found out we'd been married for six years and their faces read shock, and they were like, "Whoa, that's a LONG time." Really? I guess I'm not so old that I can't still fit "like" in a sentence.
It was so funny. They were handling them so carefully...like it was ancient artifacts or something.
So So funny!!! Tell them when we were their age we didn't have the internet.
Post a Comment