It has been over a month since I even downloaded pictures off my camera. That says something about how busy it's been. Too busy. So, this post will be full of pictures in an effort to catch up.
First round of pics? The long awaited birthday present from Grandma and Papa Brick for Brooklyn. Apperantly it's a bit of karma for Ryan and I. Mom and Brick get a good laugh out of these things.
Rylee loved the box.
The last few weeks, I have become Rusty's favorite. The kids are crazy jealous, but the dog dances when I get home. He snuggles me where ever I happen to sit or lay down. He pouts and whines for me when I'm gone. It's hilarious!
I thought sunset was amazing, but there are days when sunrise is even more beautiful.
We had company for Thanksgiving. My mom, Brick, Skyler and Kaylee flew up to share our turkey and have some fun. Grandma and Papa wore themselves out playing with all their granddaughters. Playgrounds, and barbies, and stories. A grandparents heaven.
Skyler and Ryan got some of the kitchen duty on Turkey day. Peeling potatoes and carrots.
And redneck wine opening.
We're such big wine drinkers, we had to use something that helps Ryan climb to his tree stand to open the bottle. It's amazing the do-it-yourself abilites Ryan has inherited.
Not sure what Kaylee has going on here, but she's pretty cute.
We were all able to fit at one table in our cute little kitchen.
Brick was so impressed with the Mobridge Alco. He found the Fore Arm Fork Lift that he's been searching for. It came in handy for some indoor swing time.
We celebrated Pricess Grandma's birthday on Friday. Kaylee was very impressed with the crown.
However, she did not understand why she was supposed to give Grandma the princess card she picked out. I mean, Grandma's don't quite appreciate the glittery beauty of a fairy princess birthday card. She just couldn't bare to part with it into such unsophisticated hands.
The three cousins had an awesome time. Kaylee was the little shadow. Trying to be just like her beloved big cousins.
We bundled up and went downtown to see the Mobridge Parade of Lights.
And got great seats right in the park.
So great infact, that Skyle almost got his foot run over by the geriactric scooter dancers. He was sure one of those old guys was going to crash and land right on him.
Uncle Skyler helped pass the time while we waited with a little spinning.
Too bad he almost fell over. Can't hack the turning anymore.
He's getting old.
Sunday morning we had to say goodbye. We tried to talk Kaylee into staying with us, but she said she wanted her Mommy. I explained that I'm much more fun than Alisha, but none-the-less, she's a mommies girl! Maybe mommy should come visit. She does at admit that I'm her favorite Auntie. She's very diplomatic about the rest of her favorites. When Skyler and Ryan were trying to get her to choose her favorite uncle she thought it over and wisely said Andrew. When Brooklyn and Rylee were trying to get her to choose her favorite cousin, she said Isaiah. She knows how to handle herself in sticky situations!
So, that's the story of the last few weeks. Well, that and working. Working is taking a major downswing this week. I'm so excited. I always seem to bite off more than I can chew and then have to find a way to spit it out, nicely. Sometimes a girl should just say no to begin with. One day, maybe I'll learn!
No comments:
Post a Comment