Saturday, June 5, 2010

Storms

I love them. This first video was taken about 12 miles east of Mobridge. Not by me! I was safely at work and Ryan and the girls were safely in the basement. I was actually standing on the deck at work hoping it would come close enough to see, but not to hurt anyone.
This one was so HUGE. Storm Chasers from The Weather Channel were here and it was on the national news. Awesome power. I think it's exciting.
It's so amazing when these clouds roll in. You can feel the power and energy in the air. My heart starts racing and the adrenaline pumping. Girls head for the basement as fast as they can, but Ryan and I usually hang out outside for awhile. I guess we're lucky that we haven't seen on, but man...I want to. Ideal situation would be for one to touch down across the river from me when I'm at work. I can stand out on the deck and watch it from the safety net of 1 mile of water between us.
Here's some Discovery.com video of the same tornado. These guys are crazy!

Sinse that big one in Bowdle, SD there have been 3 more that have touched down within 15 miles of us.
Storm season has arrived!

1 comment:

Trace said...

I have always thought it would be cool to see a tornado but FROM A DISTANCE! Amazing video!