Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm Back

OK, I haven't actually gone anywhere. But I have felt somewhat lost sinse our move.
Moving is great because it gives you an opportunity to reinvent the parts of yourself you'd rather do without.
Problem with reinvention is it works better with a plan.
Problem with planning?
I don't do it.
I've always had this picture of myself as an achiever. You know, organized and driven. Well, come to find out, I'm not. I think I'm more of a free spirit. I need a flexible schedule, with room to run, space to breath, and time for lots of physical activity.
Things worked well for me in Carrington, so why was I wanting a change? I don't really know. I think I just lost myself for awhile. But I'm back to the old addage...If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
And in the spirit of that dependable phraze, I have gotten back to dance.
That right. Last night was the first night of Mobridge Just For Kix.
http://www.justforkix.com/danceclasses/mobridge_sd
I have 5 classes of dancers signed up for a 12 week session. I plan to do a small show at the end of our 12 weeks and then start a full season in September.
It was so great to be back working with kids. Being silly and dancing again.
I think Ryan and the girls are glad to have ME back, too.
Why did I ever stop?

5 comments:

Karissa said...

I know how you feel, I often feel kind of lost after I move again. (college= way too much moving). I feel so disoriented and it takes a bit to get back in the swing of things!

Karissa said...

p.s. I feel exactly the same way as you. I was so excited to move to salk lake even though things in Logan were going just great. Then I got here and I was like...why did I do this again? But sometimes I think we get these moving itches because that's where we're suppose to go for whatever reason and God knows that we probably wouldn't go since things are good the way they are if he didn't give us a nudge. Then again, sometimes I'm sure it's just an itch.

cjricht said...

I am so glad that you started back with the dancers again...it's amazing how even through all those stressful moments, it truly is a part of you that you can't let go of! Welcome Back!

Anonymous said...

Good for you. You always were a great dancer. Wish I would have continued on with it.

jen&boys said...

I've always loved and admired "you". Glad to hear you're back.